Friday, April 17, 2009

Thinking outside the box

Lately Caibo has been dressing himself, which I am very excited about. However, the kid's sense of fashion is a little out there. Ok really, if you have heard the phrase thinking outside of the box, Caibo thinks inside his own box that's clear over on the other side of the room. Which, isn't necessarily a bad thing. That being said, last night I came home from work to the most interesting thing I have seen him wear yet. He had on his gray footie PJs with cars on them. Then on top of that he had a bright orange tank top that I didn't even know we owned. It almost looked like he was dressed to go hunting in his PJs. Really, I should have taken a picture.
Anyways, I asked him where he got "that really snazzy orange tank top" (I try not to discourage creative expression, which is probably why he dresses so funny) He snapped back (as if I had asked the dumbest question ever), "at the really snazzy orange tank top store."
This morning, I finally gave up and took some cold medicine. I am getting a cold :( If you have ever witnessed it, you know that me and cold medicine are not a good combination. Basically, I get really loopy and usually fall asleep. So, there I am laying on the couch attempting to function just a little, when Caibo runs up to me, "Mom! Mom! Mooom!" "What Caibo?" "Look inside my nose" (at this point I am preparing myself for the worst) "What's in there?", I asked. He replied, "I don't know. It's dark in there. I can't see."
Where does this kid get these things? That box he does his thinking in must be pretty interesting.

No comments: