Friday, April 24, 2009

Packing up

It was one of those moments when you don't realize the kids are listening. I found a little plastic tote in the middle of the kitchen. I moved it to the toy room, and said something about saving it for when we start packing. I didn't know Caibo had heard me, but he started asking a million questions. He was pretty sure we were going to the ranch. I started to explain to him that we would be moving to live with his daddy in a couple of months. Poor Caibo has no concept of time. He spent the next hour (yes an entire hour) packing to go see his daddy.



First, he started packing his toys. He grabbed his dinosaur (still his favorite toy. He got it for his birthday last year), a paddle ball (ok actually it was only the paddle), and his little mini magna doodle thing.


Then, I mentioned that he needed clothes. The first suitcase was so full he had to get on it to close it.

Then he filled his backpack and grabbed his round house and "gas station"


All packed up and ready to go. It's a good thing that I had lots of errands to run and planned to take the kids to the movies. I can't imagine how hard it would have been to convince Caibo that we were not going to see his daddy without distracting him.