Thursday, August 14, 2008

Starry Starry Night

When I finally did get Jade to tell me about her day at school, I was pleasantly surprised. I asked her what they did in art time. Honestly, I was just asking question to try to spark some kind of excitement. I didn't even know if they had art time or not. She said they had talked about an artist that drew funny paintings that people made fun of and he was so upset he cut his ear off and they still made of fun him and he was so sad that he died.
I'm really proud of myself because I remembered this story from school. I asked her if they had talked about Van Gogh and she said yes. I asked if she had seen any of his paintings and, she replied, "Yes, 'Starry Starry Night'"
I don't remember learning any art history until middle school. At this rate, she'll make it to second grade before her homework is too hard for me to help her anymore. I'd better get studying or something.

No comments: