Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I think my brain ran away.

Today, I paid the bills like a good girl. It was all going fine until I opened the utility bill. I couldn't figure out why I owed them so much money. I started reading, and they didn't think I paid them last month which I was pretty sure I did, so I went to my bank online to try to figure it it. Sure enough, I did pay them. Next I called the utility company. We were all confused. Finally they told me to bring in a copy of the check front and back. By the time I got to the city offices they had it figured out. I sent the check for the internet company to the utilities office and the other way around. This would not have been a big deal except the utilities check was like 3 times the amount of the internet check. Oddly nobody at the internet office the utility office or the bank noticed this and both check went through. So yes, I am feeling super brilliant right now, and as if that wasn't enough when we left the city offices I put Caibo in his car seat and buckled him in it. The only problem was that I had been using the car seat as a booster seat, so it wasn't buckled to the seat of the van. If you have seen my brain could you please return it to me. I think I need it.

2 comments:

Recovery Guru said...

I can totally relate! I think that there might be a brain snatcher running around somewhere collecting the brains of stay at home moms. Probably because he thinks that we(meaning me!) don't use them much anyway but boy do we(meaning me!) miss them when they are gone!
I am going to give you the same comment that everyone posted on my blog.....maybe your pregnant!

Brandi Beaver said...

Just for the record, I am 99.9% sure that I am not pregnant. I googled it to verify. Where did the idea that pregnancy causes loss of brain function come from anyways?