Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Playing I-spy in Nebraska

Last week, we went to visit my sister. She lives in Ireton, Iowa. Map Quest claims it is a 19 hour drive. Obviously, the people who figured this out for Map quest did not have children. To make a long story short it took us 30 hours to drive there; we did sleep for 5 hours, but still that is not 19 hours. The highlight of the drive there was when Jade decided she wanted to play I-spy in the middle of Nebraska. We were desperately trying to come up with things to spy that were close enough that Jade could see them but far enough away we wouldn't pass them and that were not corn. We managed to make the game last for at least 30 minutes which is not bad considering the content of Nebraska. (If you have been there you know what I am talking about.) Anyways, here are some pictures of our excitement and adventures (minus the pictures of Nebraska that mysteriously disappeared).


Are we there yet?


Caibo and Mikey bathing in the sink


Jade at the park


My nephew Mikey. He just turned one. We had his birthday party while we were there.


Caibo on a swing

I almost forgot. Caibo's "Robot" made an appearance in Iowa and on the way home, but I haven't heard about it since. I'll have to wait and see if it made it home or is lost somewhere in Nebraska.

No comments: