Monday, November 12, 2012

Personal Progress: Knowledge #2

This one was all about talents.
Step 1: I have talents. It's true I do. I can sew. I can cook. I can craft. I can braid and braid and braid and braid. I can write. I can listen. I can forgive. See, I have talents.
Step 2: Read the parable of the talents (Matthew 25:14-30 in case you were wondering): As Polly Bottema once told me, "Don't hide you talents under a bushel"
Step 3: (the actual story part) Pick a talent you want to develop.
I decided to expand upon my hair doing skills, because you can never know enough hair styles.....to the pinterest....
I learned a 5 strand braid and a 7 strand braid. I tried new things with Kadence's hair. I did a waterfall braid. I put braids in braids. And then there was the hairstyle of failure. I would show you the picture from pintrest, but it isn't on my board anymore. Anyways, I tried this hair style 3 different times and failed it 3 different times. Which brings me to the what I learned in this adventure....
Some hairstyles I picked up quickly and easily. Others, like the fancy braids, took multiple tries. Just because you have a talent for something, doesn't mean it's going to be easy to do every time. You still have to put time and effort into making it work.

No comments: